Herbed Seafood Omelet With Hollandaise Sauce


A few weeks back on a nice Saturday morning as the family and I were out and about, out of the blue, Hubby said that he wanted an omelet. Not just a small omelet, but full of vegetables and seafood like I made some time ago.  Well that was a request easy to fill and I was much obliged to do so. I kind of had a taste for one myself. So when we arrived home, after settling down a tad, I happily skipped on into the kitchen to see what I could come up with. Hubby was satisfied, I was full...all was good. Three days later however, he asked me to make another one. Well, things didn't work out so promptly this time around and I wasn't craving for one, so that request went by the wayside. Seems like every two days, Mr. Hubbs was asking; "What ever happened to that omelet?" I know it is when you really have a taste for something--you're just not going to content until its fulfilled. So this morning, I decided to make him the 'mother of all omelets' so as to quench that crave. I hope this did it. I have a good 'inkling' that it did.

The eggs were beaten with fresh parsley, basil, and chives.  As you can see, this is a 'platter size' omelet...no he didn't eat the whole thing. It was cut before serving. But...I wonder...

Served with a classic hollandaise sauce, the omelet contains a saute of onions red and green bell peppers, zucchini, yellow summer squash, and mushrooms

The seafood--shrimp, bay scallops, and calamari. Garnished with freshly snipped chives, scallions, cherry tomatoes, diced zucchini & yellow squash, and fresh parsley leaves

Herbed Seafood Omelet With Hollandaise Sauce

And of course the one from a few weeks ago
That's how you handle a hungry man--over-stuffed as usual, with a little cream cheese inside

Comments