Fried Zucchini Blossoms-Stuffed With Lobster, Mushrooms, & Goat Cheese


Well, I'm at it again with the zucchini blossoms. When I ventured out into the back yard this morning it was impossible to ignore those big beautiful yellow zucchini blossoms reaching for the sun--welcoming the morning rays by opening wide. As I stood there in 'hungry' admiration... before long I was snipping blossoms and recalling the ones I made just a few days ago. But what would I stuff them with this time? Lobster! Of course there are always some mushrooms around to fulfill my ever-present "Mushroom Madness" crave, so that would go into the mix as well. Then too, I could put that nice log of goat cheese into use also. That was all I needed, so it was 'snip, clean, stuff, batter, and fry' once again.

Served with shaved zucchini ribbons and basil pesto

Lobster claw meat to garnish along with fresh parsley

My Big Bouquet of Beautiful, Bangin, Boscage of Blossoms. Now say that five times :-)

I began by sautéing finely chopped shallots and garlic, then added the finely chopped white and crimini mushrooms, and a little later the lobster meat along with a pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper

Next added grated --no, not cheese--zucchini. Why not stuff the zucchini blossoms with zucchini I say. After this cooled, I added in the goat cheese and mixed thoroughly. I really loved the unique flavor of the goat cheese

I think my taste for zucchini blossoms has been quenched for now

Fried Zucchini Blossoms-Stuffed With Lobster, Mushrooms, & Goat Cheese

 

Comments